Saturday, June 19, 2010

More from my trip to California

This first Picture is of all my parents grandkids. Leo is totally hamming it up. He is such a happy, friendly baby.
The morning of Memorial Day we stopped at Papa's grave. His cemetery is so beautiful and peaceful.... Except when school is in session (an elementary is on the west side of it).
These Roses are growing next to Juju's house. I was caught by the way the morning light was passing through the petals of the white and pink rose and then the red orange ones are just so beautiful that I had to take pictures. Juju is my Dad's Mom and she is so sweet. I think she misses having us as little kids. We were the family that always came to visit (not that my other cousins didn't visit we just out numbered them all in one family :). I really miss Papa. Its been 7 years since he died and I really think he had so much more to tell us about life and all the cool things he did and knew. He was a good teacher- he taught us about weapons like the boomerang and the Atl Atl as well as the bow and the sling shot.


No comments: