Friday, July 31, 2009

"Camping is Great."






Last weekend my parents took Aubree camping and if you know me... I couldn't resist tagging along. Hope campground is up by Squaw Peak, and its only about 15 minutes away but it feels like wilderness and it was the perfect temperature the whole time we were up there. I packed everything I could possibly want except for an air mattress!!! I tell you I was crying at about 11pm "I want to go home....! I want to go home!" and then Michaela chimed in "lets go home!!!". Luckily Rob would not give in even though he wasn't comfy either. I am so glad he did even though I am just barely recovering from the aches and pains incurred by the rocks and roots we slept on.
It was beautiful and was actually sort of renewing to the soul. It just makes me realize I am not the hardcore camper I would like to be :). I told Rob that I will dig my own toilet and carry a fifty pound backpack but I will have to have an air mattress or a really thick pad from now on to sleep on.
Michaela was so excited to go camping. She was running around the house signing about going camping. I was telling her how much fun camping is and she would tell everyone that "camping is great" and that she was a camper.

No comments: